Do you want to receive new posts by email? Subscription is easy using following steps:
1) Enter your email address below and click submit.
2) Confirm the code you see in the pop-up window.
3) You will then receive an email from FeedBurner asking you to click on an enclosed link to finalise the registration process. If you do not receive the verification email within a short period of time, please check your SPAM filter.

You can un-subscribe anytime by following the link at the bottom of each emailed post, or by sending me a message via the contact form below.

Saturday 7 January 2017

Do you want to be happy?


Dear friends, colleagues and family members,

For the first time in my life, I am going on a charity fundraising campaign and would like to ask for your support. I am not going to climb a mountain, run a marathon or do some other daring thing, but instead I am (hopefully) going to improve your life:
Some of you already know about my recent obsession with exploring the good and bad of the human mind, happiness and well-being. It has been a fascinating and revealing time, and I thought that it would be nice to share this knowledge about how we can increase our own level of happiness and quality of life.
We now live in challenging times and while I know that many of you are actually quite happy despite this, there are also many who find their life more stressful and difficult. Whatever your situation is, I hope that there will be some interesting novel information for everybody, which may help you to feel more at peace and content in your private life and/or at work.
For the purpose of this campaign I have opened a Blog and throughout this year I will upload regular posts providing an overview about life, happiness and everything- in short: all, which is needed for a Good Life. Wherever possible, this information is evidence-based, as there has been a huge amount of research on this topic over the last decades.
I know that nowadays everybody is struggling for time, so the updates are going to be easy to read, not too long, and generally posted weekly to every other week. Each post is focusing on a different topic and will include information about interesting books and websites, inspiring quotes and sometimes further information and/or links about an interesting or remarkable person. I may also send shorter feeds between the main posts, if I stumble about some particularly interesting material.  
On the website, you can sign up with your email address so that new posts are delivered to you by email. Additionally, I will share the updates on Facebook (feel free to de-friend me if it is all getting too much for you!).
Even if you are not interested in following the blog, I would be delighted if you could support The Good Life Campaign on JustGiving.com. The fundraising campaign is going to be in support of two great charities, which are both doing amazing work: The International Rescue Committee and the World Veterinary Service. You can find more information about the charities on the JustGiving.com website, and it is your choice, if you donate to both or just select one of them. Even small donations are greatly welcome! The campaign is going to run for about a year and it is up to you if you would like to give a one off donation at the start, or the end or in small installments.
Of course there are many other good charities, so if you like to follow my posts but prefer to donate to a different charity or do a practical good deed then this is also great- in this case it would be wonderful if you could let me know what you have done by using the comment option or the contact form on the blog.
Please also spread the word and share this announcement and the posts on the blog with anybody you know who may be interested in the campaign. Finally, I would like to thank my friends and colleagues Carolina Urraca, Alison Hall and Jo Spire for their great advice and support- without them this project would not have got off the ground.
I hope that The Good Life Campaign will enrich your life over the next year! The first post will go live in about a week so remember to subscribe to the blog before next Friday.

All the best and thanks for your support,
Petra
P.S.: To all non-English friends/colleagues/family: I have decided to do this campaign in English as this makes it accessible to most people I know. There will be a translate function on the blog, but I am not sure how well that will work, so if at any point you have any trouble understanding a specific point, please contact me and I will be happy to help!


1 comment:

  1. There has been a great response to the launch of the blog so far, so would like to thank you all for your kind messages. Even the first donations have been made in advance of the first post! The first well-being post is planned to be published this coming Friday.
    Have a good week until then, Petra

    ReplyDelete