Do you want to receive new posts by email? Subscription is easy using following steps:
1) Enter your email address below and click submit.
2) Confirm the code you see in the pop-up window.
3) You will then receive an email from FeedBurner asking you to click on an enclosed link to finalise the registration process. If you do not receive the verification email within a short period of time, please check your SPAM filter.

You can un-subscribe anytime by following the link at the bottom of each emailed post, or by sending me a message via the contact form below.

Sunday 15 January 2017

Just a Quick Update

Following a great start to the blog, I just wanted to give you a few quick updates based on some good questions and comments that I received:
  • The main aim of the blog is to spread the knowledge that increasing our well-being is achievable. Please feel free to share the posts with anybody who you think is interested or could benefit from it. The blog is free to view for everybody. Although donations are of course welcome, they are not a requirement for viewing. I know that many people already have lots of other financial commitments and I would be happy enough to know that this blog may have just made a little difference in someone's life.
  • At the bottom of each main post there is a link labelled 'View as PDF'. By clicking on that link, you can not only view the posts in PDF format but also download and print them for future use. You are also welcome to share the posts in these formats with others. 
  • Remember that you can get the posts by email if you prefer. The email subscriptions have been mostly straightforward, but the final step is still pending for some subscribers. Please note that you should receive an email from Feedburner and that you need to click on a link within that email to complete registration. If you have not received that email, please check your SPAM filter. If you don't find the email there, please contact me using the contact form below.
  • As a vet I am very much aware of the specific challenges in our profession, but I would like the blog to be accessible and relevant for everybody. If I think a specific topic is particularly relevant to vets, I will point this out but the posts will otherwise be generally applicable. Also, there will be some more scientific sections at some point, explaining the processes in our brains and bodies relevant to well-being and I will try to explain them so that they are understandable for people without specific medical knowledge.
  • I will aim to publish the main posts mostly on Fridays at UK lunchtime (weekly to every other week), but there may be some variation. 
  • Last but not least, I would like to share a great quote that a lovely colleague has kindly shared with me (as you will find out, I have developed a bit of an obsession with quotes!): 


"Today I pray for the wisdom to build a better tomorrow on the mistakes and experiences of yesterday."                                                                                                  Anonymous


The nice thing is that you do not have to be religious to find these types of quotes helpful. For example, I generally just replace the words 'I pray' with 'I hope' or something along those lines. 

Anyway, I hope that you will all have a good week until next Friday and build on your experiences!

Best wishes, Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment